I was recently asked to pick a kit from Glee Gum to review. I picked the Make Your Own Chocolate Kit. Inside each Make Your Own Chocolate Kit you’ll find: organic cocoa butter, cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, starter crystals, a temperature indicator, paper candy liners, instructions, and the story of chocolate.
This is a great activity to do with your kids and there is a lot of teaching information included. It even includes 2 cacao beans that you rub between your fingers to remove the shells and everyone can have a taste and your kids can see the beans that chocolate is made from.
You can use the stove or the microwave for the melting and cooking. We used the microwave and the first step is to melt the cocoa butter for about 3 minutes in the microwave.
The next step is to stir in the cocoa powder and confectioner’s sugar and mix until smooth.
You then put the mixture back in the microwave for 10 seconds only. Then you attach the thermometer to the bottom of the bowl. Add 1/4 tsp. of vanilla and stir until the mixture reaches 94 degrees. Then you add the starter crystals and stir until there are no lumps. Next, you pour the chocolate in the paper liners.
When you are done filling the liners you put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until cold and hardened. Then remove the liners and enjoy!!!
This kit was a lot of fun for everyone to make together. The end result was delicious. Mommy Ramblings thinks this kit from Glee Gum would make a great gift this Holiday season and so we are adding it to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide.
Glee Gum is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win the candy kit of their choice. Thank you Glee Gum for the review kit and for sponsoring this yummy give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US residents.
Glee Gum Make Your Own Candy Kit Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit Glee Gum, and let me know which Make Your Own Candy Kit you would like to try. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Glee Gum on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Glee Gum on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 7th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.