I remember having candle kits when I was younger and making them with my mother. They were the kind that you needed to be older and have an adult with you, because the wax had to be melted on the stove and things would get very hot. We made some great memories and loads of floating candles, that we would light on the lake on the 4th of July and throughout the Summer. While I enjoyed the candle making, it was not for small children and it was messy.
Recently, A Toy Garden sent me their Multicolored Beeswax Candle Making Kit for review. Now this kit is great because you can do it with even the youngest children. As long as they can roll they are good to make candles. I had so much fun making these with my 4-year-old. I did the cutting with a scissors and a pizza cutter which worked really well. We talked about the colors, textures, shapes, and other concepts all while making the candles. He was so proud, I let him choose colors, shapes, height and he had so much fun. He was the best roller, I really love this kit because it is so simple and I saw how much my son loved being big enough to make something like a candle. Definitely much less messy than melting wax and pouring wax. This would be a great craft to do with scout troops, in the classroom or how about a birthday party activity where everyone can make their own candle.
If you are looking for a fun, creative gift for children of any age, then take a look at this Multicolored Beeswax Candle Making Kit from A Toy Garden. Mommy Ramblings likes it so much, we are adding it to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide.
A Toy Garden is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own Multicolored Beeswax Candle Making Kit. Thank you to A Toy Garden for the review kit and for sponsoring this creative give-away!!! Open to US Residents.
A Toy Garden, Multicolored Beeswax Candle Making Kit Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit A Toy Garden, and let me know another toy they make that you like. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
5. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
6. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
7. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
8. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
9. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 3rd at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.