I always thought I had the “Math Gene” until I met my husband. I mean I always excelled in Math and really loved it, but my husband is a mathematical genius and he has his masters in mathematical sciences so I pale in comparison to him. We both love toys and games that stimulate our children in learning mathematical concepts in a fun challenging way. When I was asked to review some things from MindWare Toys, I was in Heaven. I picked Pattern Play because it is a great introduction to math concepts like sorting, matching, symmetry, congruence and fractions. This high-quality set fits just-so into its wood tray, with vibrant colors and unusual shapes that build spatial skills. Includes 40 exceptionally well-finished wood blocks, a 10.5″-square wood building tray, 40 Pattern Cards and a drawstring canvas storage bag.
This set can be used from toddlers right on up. It has the capability to be as challenging as you make it. It truly is a learning toy that will grow with your child. Your child will learn important math concepts that will be the foundation to build upon throughout their lives. I may be a little geeky but I love toys like this because there are so many ways to use them and they are so stimulating to your child. This set is superior quality and is great for the home or classroom.
Mommy Ramblings loves Pattern Play so much, we are adding it to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide. Pattern Play makes the perfect gift for just about any child on your gift list.
MindWare is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own Pattern Play Set. Thank you MindWare for the review Pattern Play and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to residents of the contiguous 48 US States.
MindWare Pattern Play Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit MindWare Toys, and let me know another toy they make that you like. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like MindWare on Facebook, leave a comment on their wall about Mommy Ramblings and this give-away. Leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow MindWare on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends November 26th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.