It took forever for my first son to even get on a bike! He was intimidated by the thought of getting on and pedaling, and scared of falling, even with training wheels! It wasn’t very easy to just scoot around on the bike to learn how to balance with those pedals in the way hitting against his shins all the time. Well, the Skuut Balance Bike is a great alternative to learning the old-fashioned way! This bike allows kids to learn to balance easier, before starting to ride a big bike! With no pedals or training wheels, children kick off the ground, pushing themselves forward on the Skuut Bike like a scooter. It teaches a child balance, steering and coordination. At first a child might just walk or run on their Skuut, gradually getting the courage to push-off, pick up their feet, and glide while balancing. Once that is mastered, riding a big bike without training wheels should be a breeze! Safety was a primary concern in the making of the Skuut Balance Bike, the steering is specially made so they can not make turns too fast, which would cause them to tip over.
I was intrigued by the way this bike worked, and was thrilled when it was arranged with Diggin’ Active for me review one! The Skuut Balance Bike is very sturdy, and I love how it’s made almost completely out of wood! It came partially assembled, so it was pretty simple to put the rest together. This bike is a very simple design, with just a frame, wheels, handle bars and a seat! My 2-year-old was the first to try it out, he was excited, but soon found out he was a tad too short. So I quickly adjusted the seat to a higher level, and my 4-year-old gave it a try. Even though he has been riding a big bike for a while, he loved it! His bike has training wheels, so he enjoyed trying to balance with this one, without worrying about the pedals getting in the way.
We think this award-winning Skuut Balance Bike is worth your consideration as a gift idea for any young child on your gift list. My boys loved it! We are adding the Skuut Balance Bike to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!
Diggin’ Active has generously offered to sponsor a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win a Skuut Balance Bike for a child in their life! Thank you Diggin’ Active for the quality review bike and for sponsoring this awesome give-away!! Open to residents of the contiguous 48 US States.
Diggin Products, Skuut Wooden Balance Bike Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Tell me who you would give this Skuut Wooden Balance Bike to if you won, leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this every day for another entry, make sure you leave a new comment every day for it to count.
4. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
5. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this every day for another entry, make sure you leave a new comment every day for it to count.
6. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
7. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 2nd at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.