Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, Emerson Creek Pottery artisans are continuing the American tradition of pottery making in a contemporary way. Emerson Creek ceramic pottery has been featured at Monticello, Mt. Vernon and the Smithsonian Institute, as well as in fine homes across America. Emerson Creek pottery is formed of clay made onsite. Each piece is hand made, hand painted and fired in a gas kiln. Each pattern is a series of carefully planned strokes. No templates or stencils are used. The patterns are practiced and committed to memory. The artists paint the pattern again and again. Each piece is alike and yet different, like flowers in a field. All of their pottery is microwave and dishwasher safe, lead free and ovenproof.
I was recently sent a beautiful Cranberry Apple Baker from Emerson Creek Pottery to review. Delicately handpainted with a ring of jewel-like little cranberries, this ceramic apple baker will bring charm and vibrant color to those cold winter days. I love pottery, but I am very careful because while some pottery may be absolutely beautiful, it may not be safe to eat on, because of high lead levels. With Emerson Creek Pottery, I am assured that their handcrafted pottery is lead free. More than just a decorative piece, this pottery is able to be used in the oven, microwave and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. The Apple Baker is a wonderful unique piece that just brings the warmth of Fall into your home. The pottery even came with the recipe to make delicious sweet baked apples that will fill your home with the comforting aroma of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and apples. The Apple Baker is also great for making savory dishes like oven roasted stuffed tomatoes.
Please take a look at all of Emerson Creek’s great pieces. I am sure you will find lots of inspiration for those on your holiday gift list. For this reason we are adding Emerson Creek Pottery to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide.
Emerson Creek Pottery is sponsoring a give-away and one blog reader will win their own Apple Baker in the pattern of their choice. Thank you Emerson Creek Pottery for the review Apple Baker and for sponsoring this beautiful give-away on Mommy Ramblings. Open to US residents.
Emerson Creek Pottery Apple Baker Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit Emerson Creek Pottery, and let me know another piece you like. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Emerson Creek Pottery on Facebook, then leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Emerson Creek Pottery on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 1st at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.