I was recently sent the School Zone, Start To Read! Early Reading Program, Level 2 to review. This great kit includes 5 beginning reader books, 1 comprehension book, 1 read-along & songs CD and 1 parent guide. This is a 3 step reading program for ages 5-7. The first step of the program is to have your child listen to the stories on the CD and follow along in the books. Audio cues signal when to turn the pages. The second step is to encourage your child to read the stories aloud. Your child’s excitement grows with their progress, independence and success. The third step is to help your child review the stories with the companion comprehension pages.
My 4-year-old is shy of the recommended age but he still wanted to try this. The stories are really fun and easy for children to follow along. School Zone makes reading programs in a variety of age levels. Mommy Ramblings thinks this Start To Read Program would make a great gift for the young children on your holiday list, so we are adding it to our 2011 Holiday Gift Guide.
Is your child ready for the next step in reading? Move up to Level 2 in the Start to Read! Early Reading Program. This collection continues to build the foundation your preschooler or first grader needs to experience reading success in school. This set contains:
5 Beginning Readers present
charming stories with beginning vocabulary
1 Read-Along & Songs CD includes
all 5 stories (narrated) and 10 original songs
1 Comprehension Workbook corresponds
to the 5 stories to test and reinforce reading skills
1 Parent Guide offers tips and ideas for following
a 3-step approach: listen, read and review
The stories in the readers are fun, easy to follow, and colorfully illustrated. Repetition, rhyming words, and short sentences introduce and reinforce essential language and listening skills. Each story has one track on the CD dedicated to uninterrupted reading and another narrated track, with turn-the-page signals to help your child follow along in the book. The CD also has 10, fun-to-memorize songs that make bedtime, bathtime, or anytime more playful.
A comprehension workbook provides additional activities and extra practice of newly learned skills, while testing your child’s understanding of each story. A Parent Guide offers tips and ideas for you to enhance and support his or her reading progress. Originally developed by educator and School Zone co-founder Dr. James Hoffman, the updated sequence-based series, which consists of storybooks and complementary materials across three progressive reading levels, is designed to build a solid literary foundation for any child while teaching kids that reading is fun. This Level 2 collection continues the development of reading skills. Follow this program, and you and your child will celebrate reading success every day!
Fun Features & Big Benefits
• Memorable stories and characters
• 3-step approach to reading
• Whimsical, age-appropriate songs
• Pencil-and-paper workbook activities
• Story narration on audio CD
• An exceptional value!
Level 2 Story Books – beginning sight words; 50-70 new vocabulary words; word recognition; letter recognition; beginning sounds; letter-sound association; problem solving; rhyming; vocabulary building
Read-Along & Songs CD – creativity; memorization; sound recognition; reading comprehension; listening; following directions
Comprehension Book – reading comprehension; focus; problem solving
School Zone is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own School Zone, Start To Read! Level 2, Early Reading Program. Thank you School Zone for the review program and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US residents.
School Zone, Start To Read! Level 2, Early Reading Program Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit School Zone, and let me know another product you like. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like School Zone on Facebook, then leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow School Zone on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 1st at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.