My Camera Couture, designer, Julia Kozak, has spent her life creating colourful but practical objects. Her in-house studio is filled with textiles, yarns, papers, paints, beads and found objects of all colors and textures. She takes particular satisfaction from redesigning a purely utilitarian object into a work of art that inspires even as it performs its task.
Her business, My Camera Couture, grew out of her love of photography and frustration with the starkly utilitarian designs of camera accessories. Her line of camera straps and accessories allow the creative photographer to express their own sense of style without sacrificing functionality. All pieces are handmade in her smoke-free studio when she’s not chasing her two young kids and two Elkhound dogs.
Julia sent me two great looking camera straps to review. As many of you know, my camera is always with me, and mostly around my neck. The black camera strap with my camera’s name on it, just does not suit my personality and I adore dressing up my camera with great straps. I love the two straps she sent me and I want to tell you about them.
The Floral Gold on Fuchsia SLR and DSLR camera strap is new for the 2011/12 season and features a delicate floral pattern woven in metallic gold on a hot-pink background. It reverses to solid black so you’re getting two straps in one! This strap is equipped with 3/8″ quick-release attachment straps, allowing the strap to be switched easily to match your mood. This strap is really pretty and really stands out with the hot-pink background. It is a sassy and stylish strap that is very comfortable and very secure.
The Pink Tropical Punch strap is new for 2011/12 and features a bold floral pattern on one side and “Capture Everyday Life™” on the other. It is equipped with 3/8″ quick-release attachment straps. This is a funky strap that is great for where I live, right near the original Woodstock Concert Site, which is now the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. Great for me to wear when I go to the Harvest Festival and concerts up there. This is a great strap that gets tons of compliments and is super comfy and secure.
Now for the best news!!! My Camera Couture is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their choice of any in-stock SLR strap. Thank you My Camera Couture for the review straps and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US residents.
My Camera Couture DSLR Fashion Camera Strap Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit My Camera Couture, and let me know what strap you would pick if you win. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like My Camera Couture on Facebook, post on their wall about this give-away and leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow My Camera Couture on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends November 19th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.