I was recently sent, “Bad Rats” Book and Audio CD by Eric Drachman, from Kidwick Books. This delightful story brings readers to a school for Bad Rats. The stern Professor Perimeter, starts out explaining to the rats that they are bad, because they follow their heart and not their mind. He goes on to tell them, our minds are neat but our hearts are messy. The Bad Rats are not really bad just more creative then their counterparts, they each dream of being an artist. Professor Perimeter tries to get them to abandon those dreams because they put them in danger. However, in the story Professor Perimeter discovers his own messy heart and sees the rats as exceptional and not bad. A heartwarming story that shows children it is okay to be different. The Audio CD is great to listen to along with reading the story Book is good for ages 4-8.
From the Publisher:
In Kidwick Books’ award-winning tradition, Bad Rats manages to make us laugh and pull at our heartstrings with the winning combination of soft expressive illustrations, an inspiring story, beautiful original music which complements the dramatic audio CD, and of course, the touching performances of our little voice actors (as well as our big ones.)
Josiah and his cohorts are not really “bad.” They’re just bad rats – or rather, they are supposedly not rat-like enough. They’ve been sent to the “learning curb” where Professor Perimeter is determined to teach them to be good rats. See, they’re artists, and painting outside the box like that is just not right for a rat. Through the course of the story, these sweet little rats find a way to express themselves through their art, and in doing so, manage to open the professor’s heart again, as he rediscovers the value of creativity.
The companion “Book-on-CD” will transport little readers into Josiah’s world with sound effects and wonderful performances by children and adults. The dramatic storytelling is narrated by the author and features his young nephew, Eli Drachman, among other delightful voices. (Audible page turns help your children follow along as they learn to read.)
Eric Drachman has an MFA in Acting, a B.A. in Psychology and a minor in making kids laugh. Like some of our rats, Eric is known for thinking outside the box. In fact, it is this very out-of-box thinking that has helped him make his mark in the competitive world of children¹s book writing and publishing…and to inspire the most creative of all thinkers—his little readers. Eric currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Kidwick Books is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win a copy of “Bad Rats” with Audio CD. Thank you Kidwick Books for the review book and for sponsoring this great give-away!!! Open to US and Canadian Residents.
Kidwick Books, “Bad Rats” Book and Audio CD Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit Kidwick Books, and let me know another book they publish. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
4. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
5. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
6. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
8. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends November 11th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.