I recently received a great co-operative card game from Family Pastimes called Let’s Make Pizza, to review. This is such a fun game and has three levels of play. For very young players you use the red dot cards, add the green dot cards for a tougher game, and for the most challenging version, add the yellow dot cards. The game is for ages 4 to 12 but even adults will enjoy playing this with their kids. 2 to 6 can play and the object of the game is everyone is a prep cook in pizza shop. Everyone needs to work together to help the Chef fill the pizza orders coming in while keeping an eye on how hot the oven is getting. You do not want to burn any pizzas. The co-operative play aspect allows different ages to play together well. This is an excellent game for the whole family.
About Family Pastimes:
Family Pastimes games are the inventions of Jim Deacove. Jim started making co-operative games for his own family, and was encouraged by friends to make more.
The Deacove family was and is no different from others. Sharing toys, helping mom and dad and being kind to others are values taught in all homes. To find games which help reinforce such sharing attitudes, however, is very difficult. Thus, Jim and Ruth felt the need to create some.
The “hobby” became a small business in their home 31 years ago (1972). Slow but steady growth in sales required moving the business into a cottage. With the addition of new games and greater interest by the public, a switch occurred. The family moved into the cottage and the business occupied the two stories of the old farm house. A new workshop was built in 1984 to replace the old farm house, destroyed by a terrible fire in October 1983.
Offset presses, silkscreening equipment, table saws, various other woodworking tools and an assortment of old and new machines provide the technology. The Deacoves, some local people and an eager bunch of students each summer provide the labor. The format is kept simple but attractive. The games are made in small quantities, as a labor of love.
For 40 years plus now I have used eco-friendly materials in making my games. I have the safety lab tests from the best labs. All the appropriate Choke Test certificates for very small parts. I use 100% recycled pasteboard, water based glues, non-toxic paints on my wooden pieces, soy-based and latex inks on recycled papers, corrugated containers from recycled papers, recyclable shrink film and even take care to pack shipments with materials that I secure from local retailers who are happy that I will honor the oft forgotten third R and that is to Reuse.
I am thrilled to let you know that Family Pastimes is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own Let’s Make Pizza game. Thank you Family Pastimes for the review game and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings. Open to US Residents.
Family Pastimes, Let’s Make Pizza Game Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit Family Pastimes, and let me know another game you like. Leave your answer as a comment on this blog post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted.)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
4. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
5. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
6. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
7. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
8. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends October 1st at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.