I was recently sent the VeggieTales DVD, “Princess and the Pop Star” A Story of Trading Places, to review. Last weekend, I popped it in for the kids to watch with us. This family-friendly title teaches an important lesson about being yourself. Princess Poppyseed, lives on her family’s farm and never has time to herself. She has a big family and she longs for the life of Pop Star Vanna Banana. Meanwhile Vanna is upset with how lonely her life is and how she wishes she had brothers and sisters. On a chance meeting at the playground Vanna and Princess change places and the girls both realize, that the life that they longed for doesn’t fulfill all their dreams. The girls learn that the life that God gave them is the life that they were uniquely and lovingly designed for.
DVD features the new song, “You Never Are” from Dove Award winning Female Vocalist of the Year, Francesca Battistelli.
This is such a great DVD that tells the story that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. My boys loved all the singing and cute characters. As a parent I like that this DVD shows kids that just because another person’s life seems better, does not mean it is. The songs and the story are entertaining and it is a great family movie.
DVD Bonus Features:
- Audio Commentary
- “Astonishing Wigs” Silly Songs Sing-Along
- “Right Where You Belong” Sing-Along
- Behind the music with Francesca Battistelli and Friends
- Princess Poppyseed’s Points For Being Uniquely You
I am happy to tell you that Big Idea Entertainment is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own DVD of, “Princess and the Pop Star.” Thank you Big Idea Entertainment for the review DVD and for sponsoring this family friendly give-away on Mommy Rambling!!! Open to US Residents.
Veggie Tales DVD, “Princess and the Pop Star” Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit VeggieTales Website, and let me know another product that you like. Leave your answer as a comment on this blog post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted.)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
4. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
5. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
6. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
7. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
8. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends October 17th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.