I was recently sent a Verilux UV-C CleanWave Sanitizing Travel Wand to review from ActiveForever. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog can imagine how excited I was about this sanitizing wand because I am a germophobe. I knew these wands worked, not just because the box assured me that it was laboratory tested and proven effective and kills 99.9% of germs, viruses, bacteria and allergens. I had recently viewed a segment on a morning talk show that tested this wand in a doctor’s office. A receptionist said she was crazy disinfecting her phone and work surfaces especially with all the sick patients coming in and out all day. They recommended she use the uv wand to disinfect her work area. To find out if it truly worked they swabbed the surfaces prior to and after using the wand. The results were that all the germs and bacteria that were on the surfaces were killed using the wand. They also showed on that same show how handy this is to have in hotels and the host declared she was not going to be traveling without one. After seeing that show, I knew I had to have one too!
There is literally no time involved getting the wand ready to use. You simply remove from the box, insert 4 AA batteries and you are set to disinfect. The wand works with UV-C light, which has been proven to be a chemical-free method for sanitizing surfaces and other hard to clean items. You can sanitize a toilet seat in 20 seconds without soap or water and a laptop in 6 seconds. Do you know how great I feel to have this wand, now public restrooms can be quickly sanitized, did I mention I hate public restrooms? Anyway, the wand can kill dust mite and flea eggs on bedding and mattresses which is especially great when traveling.
I really like that you can sanitize items that cannot be cleaned with soap and water. Now it is easy to deodorize upholstery, fabrics and carpets, use it on your car seats, kid’s toys, all hard surfaces, pillows and much more. Use it to deodorize and sanitize pet beds, camping equipment, shoes, phones, doorknobs, light switches, airplane seats, appliance handles, and the list goes on and on.
How CleanWave Works:
CleanWave germicidal UV-C light penetrates micro-organism’s cell membranes and destroys the DNA, preventing the growth of germs on surfaces and causing virtually immediate elimination of these unwanted organisms. CleanWave deodorizes and eliminates upt to 99.9% of viruses (including H1N1), bacteria (including MRSA), allergens (including mold), dust mite and flea eggs from household surfaces.
If you think you could use one of these sanitizing wands, then you will be happy to know that ActiveForever is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win a new Verilux UV-C CleanWave Sanitizing Travel Wand. Thank you ActiveForever for the review wand and for sponsoring this awesome give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US Residents Only.
ActiveForever Verilux Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit ActiveForever.com , and let me know another item that you like. Leave your answer as a comment on this blog post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted.)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow ActiveForever on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
8. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
9. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
10. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends October 13th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.