I was recently sent a Mother Goose Club DVD and 2 CDs to review. We had a rainy day and took advantage of gathering around and watching the DVD. The boys enjoyed it very much. It was filled with great characters and familiar nursery rhymes and songs. The CDs are loaded with great nursery rhyme songs your child will love to sing along with. Nursery rhymes help children learn to read. Research has shown that familiarity with Mother Goose and other nursery rhymes helps children develop pre-reading skills, including the ability to detect rhymes. Children who can recognize rhyming words learn to read more quickly and successfully than their peers. This relationship holds true regardless of a child’s socio-economic background or the education level of the parents.
Nursery rhymes are also short and rhythmic, which makes them easy for children to learn and memorize. As children hear, sing or read nursery rhymes, they develop “phonemic awareness” or the ability to detect the individual sounds that make up words, a crucial first step in learning to read. Nursery rhymes also introduce children to new vocabulary, which increases comprehension andbenefits learning in all subjects. Most importantly, nursery rhymes are full of colorful characters and stories, which make them fun. The delight children experience as they engage in rhyme activities fosters an enduring enthusiasm for books and reading.
If you think you know a little one who would enjoy this DVD and CD set, you are in luck. Sockeye Media is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win the Mother Goose Club DVD and 2 Mother Goose Club CDs. Thanks Sockeye Media for the review package and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings.
Sockeye Media, Mother Goose Club DVD and CD Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry-Like Mother Goose Club on Facebook, and leave a comment on their wall that Mommy Ramblings sent you, then leave me a comment her that you did.(If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Follow Mother Goose Club on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
5. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
6. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did.
7. Post this give away on your Facebook status and leave me a comment here that you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends September 22nd at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org