Helen Langone owner of Saltwater Canvas was so generous to send me one of their Whale Bags for me to review. We were going on a trip to Florida and with our family, we always have a ton of stuff we are hauling. I love this beach bag for so many reasons. First it is huge, second it has so many pockets and my husband especially loved this feature. We were on the go during our vacation visiting beach islands, going on cruises and with two toddlers and their gear in tow, this bag was up to the the task. We never ran out of pockets to hold our drinks, bottles, sunscreen, sippy cups and much more. The roomy interior seemed to never run out of space to hold the endless things we needed to cart along with us.
The bag is so sturdy and will remain open with nothing in it. It is a mesh bag but is so firm and strong that it holds its shape, definitely not floppy or flimsy. The mesh was nice because all the sand would sift right through. The fact that it is machine washable really appealed to me since moms know to expect spills and the fact that you can just pop it in the wash, is priceless. The interior zipper pocket was very handy and secure and the caribeaner was great to attach our keys.
The colors were great and very vivid. I got many compliments on the bag throughout our vacation. The Whale Bag is super strong, so much so that we went on a pedal car ride around one of the islands, and I hung the loaded bag on a hook on the outside of the pedal car and it held up fantastically.
The straps are long enough to sling over your shoulder which is great when your hands are full with babies or kids. I will be using this bag for much more than the beach. It makes a great huge tote for trips and weekends away and to keep in the car for the kid’s stuff. Thank you so much Helen for making such a great bag for families.
- Holds 6 beach towels
- 7 Colors to choose from!
- Room on top for beach toys.
- 9 supersized pockets hold your beach favorites upright & easy to see.
- Secret zippered pocket inside for your valuables
- 15″ tall & 15″ oval base
- 1.5″ double shoulder straps
“And for the beach, this Saltwater Canvas tote (whale bag) has everything you could ask for: eight outer pockets, room inside for up to six towels, and a mesh construction that strains out sand. It stands upright by itself and flattens down for packing. Happy trails!”
O Magazine, June 2011
Lots of Color Combinations Available:
Helen owner of Saltwater Canvas is going to sponsor a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One of our lucky readers will receive their very own Whale Bag in their color choice. Thank you Saltwater Canvas for being so generous!!! Give-Away is open to USA and Canada residents!!!
Mandatory Entry– Visit the Saltwater Canvas Website and tell me what color combination you would choose if you won. Leave your choice in a comment on this blog post. Please remember this is the mandatory entry, if not completed no extra entries will count and will be deleted.
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry of they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2.Follow Saltwater Canvas on Twitter and leave a comment here that you did with your Twitter Id.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Subscribe to Mommy Ramblings by email and leave me a comment here that you did.
5. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did.
7. Post this give away on your Facebook status and leave me a comment here that you did.
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends June 22nd at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.