Recently Tradewind Books sent me a book to review and one to use for a give-away. They sent me the children’s book, “On My Way” by Kari-Lynn Winters and illustrated by Christina Leist. I shared it with my 2 year old Luke tonight, and he just loved it. It was such a fitting and relative book for us because we take a lot of walks, and live in the country. This book follows a small child as he walks with his mother and his dog in the country. Luke loved that the dog looked like one of our dogs, Delilah. It was a great book because even though the words on each page were few, the content allowed us to talk about our own experiences. For instance the child sees a frog and we talked about how we see frogs on our walks. He was delighted seeing a little boy like him, seeing the same things he does, on his walk. It was a short, pleasant read and was just perfect for spurring conversation in a toddler or pre-schooler. The illustrations are charming and amusing, like when the dog is licking the boy’s ice cream cone. We give this book 2 thumbs up, oh wait, 4 thumbs up!!!
On my walk,
my summer walk,
I hear a horse, clippity-clop, clippity-clop,
and a frog, frippity-frop, frippity-frop
Tradewind Books so generously supplied me with an additional book to give-away to a lucky blog reader.
Mandatory Entry: (this entry must be done or the extra entries will not count) Go to Tradewind Books and browse the titles and tell me another book that you like. Leave your comment here.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Tradewind Books on Facebook and leave a comment on their page that Mommy Ramblings sent you. Then leave me a comment here that you did.
3. Subscribe to Mommy Ramblings by email and leave me a comment here that you did.
4. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter and leave me a comment here with your Twitter name that you did. .
5. Follow Tradewind Books on Twitter and leave me a comment here with your Twitter name that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (the button is on the side of our blog “We’re on the Fence”) and leave me a comment here you did.
7. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (the button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did.
8. Share this give-away on Facebook as your status and leave me a comment here that you did.
9. Share this give-away on Twitter and leave a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Winner will be chosen by Random.org. Give-Away ends April 23rd at 12am EST.